This guide is intended to help school IT administrators connect their Google environment to Edlink. You may need to connect your Google environment to Edlink for the following reasons:
- To integrate your Google Classroom environment with an Edlink-connected application.
- To enable Google SSO to allow your teachers and students to log into an Edlink-connected application.
Before Getting Started
1. You must be a Google Administrator to complete the integration process. If you are an admin, please make sure you have access to the App Access Control page in your Google Admin Console. If you cannot log into this link with your school-assigned Google credentials, you will need to have an administrator with additional privileges perform the integration.
2. Have you connected a learning app to Edlink before? If so, skip to Step 2: Completing the Integration.
Step 1: Whitelisting Edlink
Follow the steps below to whitelist Edlink for your school or district:
1. Visit the App Access Control page in your Google Admin Console.
2. Click the Add App dropdown next to the Connected Apps header towards the left side of the screen. Select the option OAuth App Name Or Client ID.
3. Paste the following Client ID into the search box and click Search.
4. Edlink should appear as the only search result. Hover your cursor over the result and click 'Select' on the right.
5. Highlight the the box that contains the Client ID. Select Continue.
6. Select Trusted and then click Configure App.
Edlink will now appear in your list of whitelisted applications.
Step 2: Completing the Integration
The learning app that you want to connect to should have sent you an integration link that looks like this: https://ed.link/integrate/abc456789-efg456-123456
Access the link and follow the instructions to create an Edlink account if you have not done so already.
If you don't have the link, let us know by reaching out to email@example.com, and we'll help you get it.
After creating your account, choose a Google from the "data source" drop-down menu.
Select Connect next to the Google icon that appears. This will bring you to a Google Account Picker screen. Select your Google administrator account that you used to complete Step 1.
Click the Connect Source button at the bottom of the screen.
You've now completed the process! Your school's information will appear in the dashboard within 24 hours.
If you still have questions, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.