Before we get started:
1. You must be a Canvas Administrator to complete the integration process. Canvas administrators will have an "Admin" tab on their left-hand sidebar. You must also have the ability to create API Developer Keys.
2. Have you connected a learning app to Edlink before? If so, skip to step 2 (Completing the integration).
Step 1: Creating Canvas developer keys
Create Canvas developer keys. Log into your Canvas admin account and navigate to the +Developer Key button in your “Admin” tab.
Select +API Key and insert the following details:
- Key Name: Edlink
- Owner e-mail: email@example.com
- Redirect URIs (Please note: These URIs should be on separate lines in this field.):
- Icon URL: https://ed.link/icon.png
All other fields should be left blank. Hit save, and switch the toggle next to the developer key to “ON.”
Step 2: Completing the integration
The learning app that you want to connect to should have sent you an integration link that looks like this: https://ed.link/integrate/abc456789-efg456-123456. Note: If you don't have the link, let us know by reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide assistance.
The link will direct you to create an Edlink account. Note: if you've connected an app to Edlink before, please log in with that account.
Enter your Canvas domain (including https://) into the provided field. Next, copy and paste the Developer Key ID and Developer Key Secret into the provided fields.
Once all of the fields have been completed, select Connect to connect your account. You will be prompted by Canvas to authorize Edlink to access your account. Selecting Authorize will bring you back to the Edlink.
You will then click Validate Your Configuration to confirm the integration has been configured correctly.
Once you've validated your integration, a Continue Setup button will appear.
You'll see this final screen:
You're now finished!
If you still have questions, please contact our support team at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.