Status: NOT ACTIVELY HIRING
Employment Type: Full-time, in-office, onsite
Location: Austin, Texas
Who we are:
Edlink takes on some of the toughest problems in educational technology. We help turn bad data into good data to make it fast and easy for learning platforms to integrate with school data systems. We run the plumbing that helps over 30 million people at 2,200 districts & universities get access to the various learning platforms they use.
We're a small startup located in Austin, Texas (13 team members), but growing fast. We’re high performing, and we tackle the problems that nobody else wants to take on. The ideal candidate will not just be an employee. They will be amongst the first few hires and will have the opportunity to contribute massively to the growth and direction of the organization as a whole.
You should apply if:
- You love to code. You’re probably self-taught. Maybe you have a degree, maybe not. Either way, you genuinely love building cool software.
- You don’t feel like you’re challenged enough in your current role.
- You want to work in a field where you can have an outsized impact and be the best, not just another player in a crowded field of competitors.
- You want to work closely with customers to solve actual problems, not just produce pretty reports for your boss to take to their boss.
- You have a vision for how things should be done, even when they’re not done that way today.
You shouldn’t apply if:
- Your goal is to minimize your personal responsibilities.
- You never challenge other people’s ideas, or you don’t like it when other people challenge yours.
- You aren’t willing to move to Austin or willing to work in an office.
- TypeScript / NodeJS
Things we look for:
- You are willing to work in the office, on site, in Austin, Texas. If you are not in Austin already, you are willing to relocate.
- You have at least 4 years of work experience relevant to this role.
- You can hold yourself accountable to producing good work, on time, even when no one is checking or watching.
- You're able to use the vast world of resources and your personal discernment to find a way forward even when you don't really know what you're doing or feel under equipped.
- You believe feedback makes you better, and you are always able to find value in it, even when it's not what you want to hear or it's not delivered how you'd like it to be.
- You can suggest, scope and build new product features.
- You write clean, documented code that conveys your thought process to future developers who read it.
- You keep your methods and techniques fresh.
- You can help architect a highly scalable backend that is used by millions of people across thousands of school districts and universities.
- You can help new clients (developers) integrate with the Edlink API by providing feedback and suggestions during their development phase.
- You are able to speak to the technical capability of the product, both to prospects and clients.
- You are eligible to work in the US without any restrictions or sponsorship.
What we offer:
- Salary commensurate with experience. Range from 125-150k.
- Stock options from day one.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Weekly team lunches.
- No bureaucracy.
- Flexible working hours.
- Health Insurance Option.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- Relocation Assistance.
We’re on a mission to improve the lives of teachers and students by joining together all of the software that they use every day. We're making sure teachers aren't spending their "free" periods copy + pasting grades from one system to another, and we're trusted to exchange sensitive data securely by tech administrators and leaders in thousands of districts & universities.
***Unfortunately at this time we do not have the resources to offer visa sponsorship.***
How to Apply:
Send an email to email@example.com with your resume and a note about what makes you interested in the role.
Recruiters, outsourced agencies, and candidates: please don't email other employees at Edlink. Our focus is imperative to our performance. We kindly request you only email the address above. ❤️