Status: NOT Actively Hiring
Employment Type: Full-time, in-office, onsite
Location: Austin, Texas
Who we are:
Launched in February 2020, Edlink takes on some of the toughest problems in educational technology. We help turn bad data into good data to make it fast and easy for learning platforms to integrate with school data systems. Today, we work behind the scenes to help over 29 million people at 2,200 educational institutions get seamless access into the various learning platforms they use.
We're a small startup located in Austin, Texas (13 team members), but growing fast. We’re high performing, and we tackle the problems that nobody else wants to take on. The ideal candidate will not just be an employee. They will be amongst the first few hires and will have the opportunity to contribute massively to the growth and direction of the organization as a whole.
You should apply if:
- You love to code. You’re probably self-taught. Maybe you have a degree, maybe not. Either way, you genuinely love building cool software.
- You don’t feel like you’re challenged enough in your current role.
- You want to work in a field where you can have an outsized impact and be the best, not just another player in a crowded field of competitors.
- You want to work closely with customers to solve actual problems, not just produce pretty reports for your boss to take to their boss.
- You like to push yourself outside of your comfort zone.
- You have a vision for how things should be done, even when they’re not done that way today.
You shouldn’t apply if:
- Your goal is to minimize your personal responsibilities.
- You don't like to challenge other people’s ideas, or you don’t like it when other people challenge yours.
- You aren’t willing to move to Austin or willing to work in an office.
- Vue JS
- Bonus: TypeScript
- Bonus: NodeJS
Things we look for:
- You can hold yourself accountable to producing good work, on time, even when no one is checking or watching.
- You're able to use the vast world of resources and your personal discernment to find a way forward even when you don't really know what you're doing or feel under equipped.
- You believe feedback makes you better, and you are always able to find value in it, even when it's not what you want to hear or it's not delivered how you'd like it to be.
- You can suggest, scope and build new product features.
- You write clean, documented code that conveys your thought process to future developers who read it.
- You keep your methods and techniques fresh.
- You can build user experiences that make it simple for users to approach complex problems.
What we offer:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Stock options from day one.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Health insurance options.
- Regular social events.
- Paid parental leave.
- Weekly team lunches.
- No bureaucracy.
- Flexible working hours.
- Parking in central Austin.
***Unfortunately at this time we do not have the resources to offer visa sponsorship.***
How to Apply:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a note about what makes you interested in the role.
Recruiters, outsourced agencies, and candidates: please don't email other employees at Edlink. Our focus is imperative to our performance. We kindly request you only email the address above. ❤️